Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 goals

As I promised yesterday, I'm back to talk of my plans for this year. First off, Shattered is officially being renamed A Soul Worth Taking. From the feedback I was getting, that was the title people seemed to prefer. And I like it. So that's what we're going with. This post will only talk generally about my goals for this year so I'll put up a post in the next couple days talking specifically about the book and when it will be released. My goal for this year is to put out 5 new releases. I think I can do it, but at the same time I'm not just gonna write up any old slop and throw it out there. A Soul Worth Taking is a definite and will be out within a couple months. Empire should be finished by the end of January and in the hands of beta readers shortly after that. That should be out no later than May. The 2nd book in The Evil Series, tentatively titled The Woods, is also being worked on now and should be finished by the end of February or March. So it's pretty easy to suggest that it'll be out by the end of the summer. I would also like to get the 3rd & 4th books of The Evil Series out by the end of the year as well. They have not been started yet, except for some outlining, but if I have the other books done by the end of February that would leave a lot of time to get those 2 done. That would give me 5 new releases for this year.

I really want the entire Evil series to be out this year as I think it has a chance to be a real success. I think it's a really interesting premise...but I am biased! The genre of the Evil series is Thriller/Suspense. Empire is Fantasy. As of right now I do not derive most of my income from writing and I really would like that to change come the end of this year. I think this series, along with Empire, has the potential to change that. Of course, you never really know how your books will be perceived so it's possible everyone will think they stink!

Assuming I get those 5 books released this year I also plan to start writing a couple of other Thrillers, along with another Fantasy, that I have in mind. So it's shaping up to be a busy year for me. Hopefully, it'll be a successful one, and I'll be able to take another step forward.

Thanks for your continued support.

No comments: